Wednesday 19 October 2011

Poll Results

Poll Results:

How much are you willing to spend on a music magazine?
£1 or under – 20%
£1.50 - £2.50 – 60%
£3 .00 - £5.00 – 20%
Therefore I am going to make my magazine around £2.00.

What colours appeal to you most on a magazine?
Yellows/Reds – 20%
Pinks/Purples – 20%
Blacks/Whites – 40%
Greens/Blues – 20%
This has shown me that primary colours and bright, loud colours do not get as much attention as plain colours like black and white. This could be because black and white creates a more sophisticated look and other colours possibly come across as tacky. Therefore, I know to include black and white as my main colour scheme.

What types of bands/artists interest you?
Rock/Punk – 0%
Indie – 20%
R&B – 80%
Pop – 0%
This has shown me that people of the age group 14-17 enjoy reading R&B magazines, rather than my chosen genre of rock/indie/punk. This has informed me that I must make sure my target audience is of an older age group and will appeal to those in their 20’s and 30’s.

What look to do you prefer to see on magazine front covers?
Minimalist/simple – 20%
Busy and informative – 80%
This has given me the knowledge of how much to include on my front cover and to ensure it has a lot of sell lines and writing in order to make the magazine look busy and informative at first glance.

Do reviews change your opinion on particular bands/artists?
Yes – 20%
No – 60%
Depends on where the review has come from – 20%
This has shown me that constant criticism in my magazine is not needed, as the majority of people do not take any notice of it.

Why would you read a music magazine?
To find out about gigs – 20%
Information on new upcoming bands/artists – 40%
To find out about the history of music – 20%
To read reviews – 20%
This has told me that I should inform my readers that my main feature artist/ cover model is a new artist.

What do you look for in an article?
Mostly images – 0%
Mostly text – 40%
A balanced amount of text and images – 60%
This has informed me that rather than having more text, or more images, I should aim to make my main article balanced for both features.

If you find a music magazine you like, do you visit the website?
Yes – 40%
No – 60%
This has told me that new technology (the internet) has not been over populated and magazines are still people’s main source of musical information, that it is the preferred method.

How often do you buy music magazines?
Weekly – 0%
Monthly – 0%
Yearly – 40%
Whenever I can – 60%
I now know that my target audience might not read my magazine every month, due to money issues or other reasons, therefore I should make sure every issue is completely different and that I do not refer to ‘last month’s issue’ often, as most readers might not have purchased it.

Do you read the editors note?
Yes – 20%
No – 80%
This has told me that I do not need to include an editor’s note to have a successful magazine, as the majority of people do not take notice of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment