Thursday 6 October 2011

Diary Entry #2

Diary Entry #2 – 6th October 2011

This week in Media Studies I have been working on a key concepts presentation based on the magazine NME. I have chose to create this key concepts presentation on NME, as it is a magazine that follows the genre of punk rock, indie, mainstream and individual bands. I aim to base my magazine on the same genre as NME does as I feel it is a genre I know most about, therefore will find it easier to create a house style and take appropriate images for my magazine, of people in outfits and positions that portray the genre of indie/rock.
I created this presentation on Prezi, as I have experience from GCSE and know how to create an interesting looking presentation. I feel this will imply that I have skills on other forms of media presentation programmes, other than the obvious Photoshop, Blogger and PowerPoint.
On my presentation I have included information about brand identity, the way articles and music artists are portrayed, the history of NME, codes and conventions, institution and representation. I did this as I want to show that I have knowledge on magazines therefore implying I am confident I will be able to create a successful music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment