Wednesday 19 October 2011

Diary Entry #6

Diary Entry #6 – 24th October 2011
This week I have been very busy on my blog. At the beginning of the week I created my colour connotations page and my name ideas. However, now I have officially completed my audience profile and put up my poll results.
I created a poll asking questions that I wanted to know the answer to in order to make my magazine more successful and accurately made for my target audience. I asked questions such as ‘what do you look for in an article?’ and gave possible answers such as ‘mostly text’. This has helped me a lot actually, as it has provided me with knowledge on subjects such as price, layout, content, design and so on. I now feel very confident that my magazine will be successful and I have no doubts about what I will include on my front cover, contents page and double paged spread.
As for my audience profile, I spent a long time thinking about what my ideal reader would be like, and created a profile explaining her hobbies, favourite books, music, where she would live, where she would go in her spare time and so on. This has shown that I am basing my magazine around a person of that sort. Underneath my profile I wrote about my general target audience, discussing what social category they will be from, demographics, psychographics, age group, male or female and have given reasoning for each of my decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment