Wednesday 19 October 2011

Diary Entry #5

Diary Entry #5 – 24th October 2011


This week I have successfully created my name ideas and my colour connotations page for the plan for my magazine. For my name ideas, I spent a lot of time researching band names such as ‘the clash’ and so on, in order to get some insight as to what rock bands names are like, so I can make my magazine an obvious ‘rock magazine’. I also looked at the connotations of ‘rock music’, in order to view the actual definition of rock, therefore making it easier for me to think of a name that my target audience will have a personal identification with. I came up with the names:
- CLASH
- Backstage Beats
- WBR (World’s best rock)
- Rock, paper, singers.
I feel I have come up with successful names that have made it easier for me to decide what I would like my final magazine name to be.
As for my colour connotations page, I spent some time reviewing my similar product research, reminding myself of what my inspiring magazines, such as NME and Kerrang used when it came to colour schemes, and came up with the four colours of:
- Red
- Black
- White
- Grey
I am happy with these colours as I know the connotations of them will make my music magazine seem dangerous, trustworthy, sophisticated and professional, therefore selling them to my target audience who will be looking for these features in a magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment