Wednesday 9 November 2011

Front Cover Design Draft

This is my front cover design draft. I have chosen to make my cover image very large and dominating, in order draw the target audience's eyes to my magazine. I have also made my main sell line in a large, bold, blocked letters font, making it clear that this is describing the cover image. I got this idea by looking at the front cover of an NME magazine that uses Lily Allen as a cover model, the large blocked letters are attractive and appeal to the target audience as they signify rebellion and an out of the ordinary magazine.
I have put sell lines all around my image, filling the page, making my magazine look worth the money. I have shown what type of stories will be presented on my front cover, using bands that i feel are appropriate to my genre of magazine. I have used bribery to appeal to my target audience also, as music festivals are something that would be of huge interest to my typical reader. I have kept it in black and white, but i am going to use the colour scheme of black, red, white and grey.






This is the magazine cover i used as inspiration, i tried to make my layout as similar as possible to this magazines, as this is my ideal magazine. It appeals to generally the same target audience as me, and i feel the layout and colour scheme make a professional and eye-catching magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment