Wednesday 9 November 2011

Diary Entry #7

Diary Entry #7


This week I have decided what I want to call my magazine. I chose to call my magazine ‘Collide’ as it was one of the recurring connotations of the word ‘Clash’, which I wanted to call my magazine, but felt it wasn’t original enough. I feel happy with the name ‘Collide’ as it implies there is a variety of music mixed together and put in my magazine, it also creates imagery of smashing and banging, which reflects my rock genre I am choosing to use as a theme for my magazine.
As well as this, I have finished writing my magazine article draft. I began with introducing that my article was about Alice Liberty’s new rise to fame. I included 13 questions, questioning the ‘star’ on her personal life, love life, adaption to being famous, lyrics in her songs, general appearance and her rebellious outlook on life. I chose to write it in a gossip like tone, therefore my target audience will feel that what they are reading is exclusive and that they are the first to read about it, making them feel special.
I feel happy with the answers I have given from Alice Liberty’s point of view; I created a character that seems rebellious, independent, opinionated and feisty, everything I feel the readers of Collide would want in a feature artist. I also feel it reflects the way artists are presented in the magazine ‘NME’, which is the magazine I am using as a guide line.

No comments:

Post a Comment