Wednesday 9 November 2011

Diary Entry #8

Diary Entry #8

I have just successfully completed my ‘sell line ideas’ section and my ‘contents page ideas’ section of my planning process.
For my ‘sell line ideas’ I began by thinking about what I would expect to see on a rock genre magazine if I was a reader. I thought about stories on popular rock/indie bands and came up with sell lines such as: “The Kooks NEW album!” I thought about how I might use capitals and exclamation marks persistently in order to make my magazine seem exciting and to stand out from other music magazines. I also thought about stories that might make the reader feel my magazine will work for the uses and gratifications theory of escapism: “25 of the most annoying songs!” Giving my target audience something to laugh at and use for entertainment purposes. I also thought about bribes, to draw my reader into to my magazine such as: “WIN FREE TICKETS TO READING 2012”. The readers of my magazine will know that ‘Reading’ is a festival known to play rock/indie music; therefore this will appeal to them.
I also created a page explaining what will be included on my contents page. I have stated the sections that will be on my contents page: Reviews, News, Exclusives, Features and Band Index. All of which I noticed where on other music magazines such as ‘NME’ and ‘Kerrang’. I then stated what would be underneath each heading. I also named all the bands that would be in my ‘Band Index’ and made sure they kept in theme with my indie/rock genre.
I feel organised for each page now, and feel as though I will be able to make a successful front cover, contents and double paged spread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment