Tuesday 28 February 2012

Diary Entry #11

I have been busy this week working on my double page spreads. I was having problems with white spaces on all three pages and was trying to find the best, effective way to fill them. Without making the page messy or unappealing to its audience.
I eventually decided for my second double page spread I would take a photo of ripped up magazine pages from other rock/indie magazines and CD’s spread over a table. I did this using a Cannon and stood on a chair in order to capture the page as best as possible. After taking this I put it behind my two images in the middle of the page and faded it into the text, therefore it filled the text however did not overpower the page.
For my first double page spread I decided to place images of
electric guitars in the background. This is because they are a huge symbol of rock music and help to reinforce the genre of the particular magazine. This image fits in nicely with my close up and text and also makes the page less plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment